COPYRIGHTED CONTENTS / HAKCIPTA TERPELIHARA

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MY PERSONAL PICK : I Remember You

here's a great jazz song performed by two different artist. the song is I REMEMBER YOU. The music was written by Victor Schertzinger, the lyrics by Johnny Mercer. The song was published in 1941.


this version was sung by a superb Icelandic singer, Bjork. 

sorry, this next video features the very gorgeous George Michael singing the same song...live!. still, the song sounds great!  


“I wrote it for Judy Garland. I always had such a crush on Garland I couldn’t think straight, so I wrote this song.” - Johnny Mercer

here's the lyrics for this song. but before that, i would have to tell you this, back in 1999, i wrote a short poem in Bahasa Malaysia (title remain hidden for the moment...) with the lyrics of this song as the inspiration. someday, i'll put the poem in my blog. hehehe....

okay, here's the lyrics now....

I remember you
you're the one that made my dreams come true
a few kisses ago

I remember you
you're the one that said "I love you too,
didn't you know?"

I remember too
a distant bell
and stars that fell
like rain out of the blue

When my life is through
and the angels ask me
to recall
the thrill of them all

I shall tell them : I remember you


No comments:

Post a Comment

what's your say...
apa kata anda...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...