COPYRIGHTED CONTENTS / HAKCIPTA TERPELIHARA

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A. Samad Said


peace be upon you

this time around, i am going to post something about my favourite poet/author; A. Samad Said. before i begin, i would like to say that A. Samad Said is my personal favourite and an inspiration to me. during my school years, i read many of his novels and often indulged myself reading his poems. for years i kept wishing that someday i would meet my favourite poet. then, to my suprise (more of a shock; actually), my classmates and i got the chance to meet him. the event took place in 1996, and it was during his visit to Sarawak. he gave us a talk on his literary works and even recited some of his poems. at the end of the event, a crowd of school students rushed in to snap up a few photos with him. i got my chance! a week later, my class got an invitation to attend another talk with A. Samad Said, at a different school. i asked him to sign the photo. before he signed the photo, he looked at it and commented, "Tampak benar garisan usia, ya?" (The wrinkles really show, right?) I was star-strucked, and i ended up speechless. well, that's about it; and i promise i will post-up the picture. by the way, i will post-up more info on A. Samad Said. But, i am not going to include any of his literary works...you know, copyright issues. hehehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's your say...
apa kata anda...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...